The Jersey Shore is known for its vibrant food scene, offering a variety of dining options ranging from seafood shacks to upscale eateries. Here are some of the most popular restaurants at the Jersey Shore, as rated by Better With Age New Jersey readers.
- The Lobster House (Cape May): A legendary seafood restaurant located on the Cape May Harbor. It offers a wide range of fresh seafood dishes in a charming waterfront setting.
- The Crab’s Claw Inn (Lavallette): This waterfront restaurant is famous for its crab dishes, including crab cakes, crab legs, and soft-shell crabs. It also features a lively outdoor Tiki bar.
- Klein’s Fish Market & Waterside Cafe (Belmar): Established in 1929, Klein’s is a historic seafood restaurant known for its fresh catches and classic preparations. They offer waterfront dining and a lively atmosphere.
- Porta (Asbury Park): A popular pizzeria and Italian restaurant located in Asbury Park. It serves Neapolitan-style pizzas, homemade pasta, and a variety of Italian dishes in a trendy and lively space.
- The Diving Horse (Avalon): A farm-to-table restaurant that focuses on seasonal ingredients and creative dishes. The menu changes frequently to highlight the freshest ingredients available.
- Langosta Lounge (Asbury Park): A funky beachfront restaurant that serves an eclectic menu with global influences. They are known for their seafood dishes, tacos, and creative cocktails.
- Joe Leone’s Italian Specialties (Point Pleasant Beach): A renowned Italian deli and bakery offering a wide array of homemade Italian specialties, including sandwiches, pastries, and prepared foods.
- Chef Mike’s ABG (Seaside Park): This waterfront restaurant combines American cuisine with global influences, featuring a diverse menu that includes seafood, steak, pasta, and sushi.
- Rooney’s Oceanfront Restaurant (Long Branch): Overlooking the ocean, Rooney’s offers a fine dining experience with a focus on fresh seafood and prime steaks. It has an elegant atmosphere and breathtaking views.
- The Shrimp Box (Point Pleasant Beach): A waterfront restaurant known for its fresh seafood and scenic views of Manasquan River, offering a casual dining experience.
- Chef Vola’s (Atlantic City): A legendary Italian restaurant tucked away in an unassuming location, known for its cozy atmosphere and exceptional homemade Italian dishes.
- Talula’s (Asbury Park): A farm-to-table restaurant and bakery, offering a seasonal menu of locally sourced ingredients, including wood-fired pizzas, small plates, and craft cocktails.
These are just a few examples of the popular restaurants you can find at the Jersey Shore. The region has many more fantastic dining options to explore, each offering its own unique atmosphere and culinary delights.