Helping out with a Halloween party for grown-ups? Here’s a great idea from the Dole Food Company for a fun table centerpiece and a delicious fruit salad!
- 1 DOLE® Tropical Gold® Pineapple
- 1 cup DOLE Grapes
- 1 cup DOLE Strawberries, quartered
- 1 DOLE Banana, sliced
- 3 cups DOLE Spring Mix
- Orange-Mint Dressing (see recipe below)
- Cut the top off a pineapple and reserve pineapple shell for jack-o’-lantern. Remove the fruit from the inside, dice and reserve. Reserve 1 cup for salad. Save remaining pineapple for snacking and other uses.
- Toss 1 cup reserved diced pineapple, grapes, strawberries, banana, spring mix and Orange-Mint Dressing and place in serving bowl. Serve immediately.
- Cut a classic jack-o’-lantern face into side of hollowed pineapple shell. Place a votive candle inside, replace the leafy top and use for a table decoration.
Orange-Mint Dressing: Whisk together 3 tablespoons orange juice, 2 tablespoons julienned fresh mint, 1tablespoon olive oil, 1 teaspoon grated orange peel, 1 teaspoon rice vinegar, 1 teaspoon honey, 1/4 teaspoon ground cumin, 1/4 teaspoon salt.
Read more: Halloween party snacks for grown-ups.