For a simple way to take plain carrots and make them the star side dish for your next holiday meal or casual dinner, check out our brown sugar carrots recipe below. These delectable slow cooker carrots come together in a snap with just 5 minutes of prep time and minimal ingredients, perfect for busy weeknights or holiday gatherings.
The best part? They don’t take up any valuable stovetop or oven space which is essential when you’re cooking up a big feast for a crowd!
Enjoy hints of warm cinnamon and spicy ginger mixed into a scrumptious glaze of butter and brown sugar. Whether you’re roasting an herb turkey or a honey glazed ham, be sure to spoon the glazed carrot sauce from the slow cooker onto the dish for sensational flavor. If you’re making these brown sugar glazed carrots for Thanksgiving, Christmas or Easter, you’ll love serving them with other seasonal side dishes like green bean casserole, garlic mashed potatoes, cornbread sausage stuffing and more.
INGREDIENTS for 8 Servings
- 2 pounds baby carrots
- 2 tablespoons butter, melted
- 1/2 cup firmly packed brown sugar
- 1 1/2 teaspoons McCormick® Ground Cinnamon
- 1/2 teaspoon McCormick® Ground Ginger
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- Spray inside of 4-quart slow cooker with no stick cooking spray. Add carrots and melted butter; toss to coat. Cover.
- Cook on HIGH 3 to 4 hours or until tender.
- Meanwhile, mix brown sugar, cinnamon, ginger and salt in small bowl until well blended. Toss cooked carrots with brown sugar mixture in slow cooker just before serving.
TIPS AND TRICKS
Test Kitchen Tip: Keep cooked carrots in slow cooker when transporting to a party. Bring the brown sugar mixture in small resealable plastic bag. For best results, toss carrots with brown sugar mixture just before serving.
READ MORE: Best Orange Glazed Ham recipe