Whether you’re an athlete training for competition or the average person balancing a busy schedule, this Grilled Spicty Steak Salad with Guacamole Salsa is a great example of how lean beef can be part of a quick, nutritious and delicious meal. Because beef is so versatile, there’s something for everyone on any budget. For example, the top sirloin in this salad is both lean and budget-friendly!
For more on healthy and tasty recipes, visit BeefItsWhatsForDinner.com.
- 1 beef Top Sirloin Steak Boneless, cut 3/4 inch thick (about 1 pound)
- 8 cups mixed salad greens
- 1/2 cup Herdez® Guacamole Salsa, divided
- 1 cup cherry or grape tomatoes, cut in half
- 1/2 cup thinly sliced red onion
- 1 can (11 ounces) Mandarin oranges, drained
- 1/3 cup fresh lime juice
- 1 tablespoon minced garlic
- 1 tablespoon chili powder
- Combine marinade ingredients in small bowl. Place beef steaks and marinade in food-safe plastic bag; turn steak to coat. Close bag securely and marinate in refrigerator 1 hour.
- Remove steaks from marinade; discard marinade. Place steaks on grid over medium, ash-covered coals. Grill, covered, 7 to 11 minutes (over medium heat on preheated gas grill, 8 to 13 minutes) for medium rare (145°F) to medium (160°F) doneness, turning occasionally.
- Carve steaks across the grain into thin slices. Season with salt, as desired. Toss salad greens with 1/4 cup Herdez® Guacamole Salsa; arrange on serving platter. Top with tomatoes, onion, oranges and beef. Drizzle with remaining 1/4 cup salsa.
SAFE HANDLING TIPS:
- Wash hands with soap and water before cooking and always after touching raw meat.
- Separate raw meat from other foods.
- Wash all cutting boards, utensils, and dishes after touching raw meat.
- Do not reuse marinades used on raw foods.
- Wash all produce prior to use.
- Cook beef until temperature reaches 145°F for medium rare steaks and roasts 160°F for ground beef.
- Refrigerate food promptly.
READ MORE: New hot honey mustard dip spices up any dish