Summer is here, which means we’re craving super-cooling snacks for outdoor and indoor adventures. For a summer packed with everything from July 4th BBQs to the international games, Real California Milk has curated a selection of one-of-a-kind seasonal frozen treats to upgrade snacks from ordinary to extraordinary. Delight your grandkids with this recipe for a Red Velvet White Chocolate Shake!
White Chocolate Sauce:
– 3 ounces chopped white chocolate or white chocolate chips
– 2 tablespoons Real California heavy whipping cream
– 1/4 teaspoon vanilla extract
– Red food coloring (gel, Wilton for example)
– 1/3 cup vanilla frosting
– 1 1/4 cups broken red velvet cookies, plus about 3 tablespoons crushed red velvet cookies
– 1 quart Real California vanilla ice cream
– 3/4 cup Real California milk, or more as needed
– 1/2 teaspoon vanilla extract
– 1 1/2 cups Real California whipped cream
– Red licorice sticks, candy sticks, mini candy coated chocolates, white chocolate pretzels, sprinkles, and more whole or broken red velvet cookies, for decorating
– Skewers for toppings
Prep time: 15 minutes
Cook time: 15 minutes, plus time for sauce to cool
- To make the white chocolate sauce: Fill a small saucepan with about 1 inch of water and bring to a simmer. Combine chocolate and cream in a small heatproof bowl set over the saucepan. Maintain a gentle simmer and stir chocolate mixture occasionally until melted and smooth. Remove from the heat and add vanilla and red food coloring. Set aside to cool to room temperature.
- Use a spoon to spread stripes of chocolate sauce inside 2 serving glasses or jars, using about half.
- To make the milkshakes: Spread frosting around the top of serving glasses or jars, making a band around the outside. Put crushed cookies on a shallow plate and roll frosted rim in cookies, pressing them in; set glasses aside in the freezer.
- In the jar of a blender, combine ice cream, milk, vanilla, and broken cookies. Add more milk, if necessary, to reach desired consistency.
- Add milkshake mixture to prepared glasses. Top with whipped cream and drizzle with remaining chocolate sauce. Decorate with red licorice sticks, candy sticks, mini candy coated chocolates, white chocolate pretzels, sprinkles, and more whole or broken red velvet cookies and serve.
- Serves 2
For more indulgent and healthy snacking inspiration, visit realcaliforniamilk.com/recipes.