Summer is here, which means we’re craving super-cooling snacks for outdoor and indoor adventures. For a summer packed with everything from July 4th BBQs to the international games, Real California Milk has curated a selection of one-of-a-kind seasonal frozen treats to upgrade snacks from ordinary to extraordinary.
For those craving something truly decadent, this shake brings the milkshake and cheesecake together with a luscious cream cheese frosting rim, graham cracker crumbs, freeze dried berries, red sprinkles and stripes of strawberry and blueberry jam in the serving glass.
Red, White & Berry Cheesecake Shake
- Cream Cheese Frosting
- 1/2 cup Real California butter, softened
- 1 package (8 oz.) Real California cream cheese, softened
- 1 box (1 lb.) powdered sugar, sifted
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1/3 cup Real California cream cheese frosting [or purchased frosting]
- About 3 tablespoons sprinkles
- 1/4 cup graham cracker crumbs
- 1/4 cup strawberry, raspberry, or blueberry jam or jelly
- 3 cups Real California vanilla ice cream
- 1 cup Real California cream cheese
- 3/4 cup Real California milk, or more as needed
- 1/2 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1 1/2 cups Real California whipped cream
- Fresh or freeze-dried fruit,
- mini cheesecakes, cookies, graham crackers, more sprinkles, and more jam or jelly, for decorating
- To make cream cheese frosting: In large mixing bowl, beat butter and cream cheese until smooth and creamy. Add powdered sugar gradually, beating until smooth after each addition. Stir in vanilla until incorporated, set frosting aside and let firm up a little.
- Spread frosting around the top of serving glasses or jars, making a band around the outside. Put sprinkles on a small plate and roll frosted rim in sprinkles, pressing them in to secure.
- Add graham cracker crumbs to the glasses (inside). Top with jam or jelly and set aside.
- To make milkshakes: In the jar of a blender, combine ice cream, cream cheese, milk, and vanilla. Add more milk, if necessary, to reach desired consistency.
- Add milkshake mixture to prepared glasses. Top with whipped cream and decorate with fresh or freeze-dried fruit, mini cheesecakes, wafer cookies, sprinkles, and more jam or jelly and serve.
For more indulgent and healthy snacking inspiration, visit realcaliforniamilk.com/recipes.
READ MORE: A fun Fourth of July dessert: Red Velvet White Chocolate Shake