If you’re looking for an easy dessert, this Whoopie Pie recipe is the perfect way to cap off weeknight meals.
Find more dessert recipes at Culinary.net.
1 box spice cake mix
1 1/2 cups apple butter
1/2 cup canola oil
8 ounces cream cheese
4 tablespoons butter
3 cups powdered sugar
2 tablespoons milk
1 teaspoon vanilla
- Heat oven to 350 F.
- Line baking sheet with parchment paper.
- In large bowl, whisk spice cake mix, apple butter, oil and eggs.
- With ice cream scoop or large tablespoon, spoon batter into rounded heaps, about 2-3 inches in diameter, onto parchment paper. Space spooned batter 2 inches apart.
- Bake 14 minutes. Let cool.
- In large bowl, beat cream cheese, butter and powdered sugar until smooth. Add milk and vanilla; beat until blended.
- Frost flat sides of pie halves and place halves together.
- Refrigerate and store in sealed container.
READ MORE: Peanut Butter Perfection