Delight the grandkids this holiday season with these PEEPS® Red Velvet Layered Brownies. Layer Duncan Hines Brownies and Red Velvet Cake Mix with cream cheese frosting and make a cute forest of PEEPS® Brand Marshmallow Trees and dust with snowy confectioners’ sugar!
PAM® Original No-Stick Cooking Spray
- 1 pkg (18.3 oz each) Duncan Hines® Chewy Fudge Brownie Mix
- 1/2 cup vegetable oil
- 2 eggs
- 1/4 cup water
RED VELVET LAYER:
- 1 pkg (15.25 oz each) Duncan Hines® Signature Red Velvet Cake Mix
- 1/3 cup vegetable oil
- 1/4 cup water
- 1 egg
- 1 container (16 oz each) Duncan Hines® Creamy Cream Cheese Frosting
- 24 PEEPS® Brand Marshmallow Trees
- Confectioners’ sugar, for dusting
- Preheat oven to 350°F. Spray 13×9-inch pan with cooking spray.
- BROWNIE LAYER: Stir together brownie mix, 1/2-cup oil, 2 eggs and 1/4-cup water in large bowl until well blended, about 50 strokes. Spread into pan. Bake 15 minutes.
- RED VELVET LAYER: Stir together red velvet cake mix, 1/3-cup vegetable oil, 1/4-cup water and 1 egg in another large bowl until well blended. Drop red velvet batter evenly over brownie and gently spread into an even layer.
- Bake 20 to 25 minutes, until toothpick inserted 1-inch from center of pan comes out clean and red velvet layer is set in the center. Cool completely on wire rack.
- Frost red velvet layered brownies with cream cheese frosting and decorate the top with PEEPS® Marshmallow Trees. Dust with confectioners’ sugar. Cut PEEPS® red velvet layered brownies into squares and serve.
READ MORE: LEGOLAND New York Resort now open