- 1 and 1/2 cups all-purpose flour
- 1/2 cup granulated sugar
- 1/4 cup light brown sugar, packed
- 2 teaspoons baking powder
- 1/4 teaspoon baking soda
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 cup unsalted butter, melted and cooled
- 1/2 cup milk
- 2 large eggs, room temperature
- 2 tablespoons lemon juice
- 2 tablespoons lemon zest
- 1 tablespoon poppy seeds
- Preheat oven to 375°F (190°C). Line a muffin tin with paper liners.
- In a large mixing bowl, whisk together the flour, granulated sugar, brown sugar, baking powder, baking soda, and salt.
- In a separate mixing bowl, whisk together the melted butter, milk, eggs, lemon juice, lemon zest, and poppy seeds.
- Pour the wet ingredients into the dry ingredients and mix until just combined. Be careful not to overmix.
- Divide the batter evenly among the muffin cups, filling each about 3/4 full.
- Bake for 18-20 minutes, or until a toothpick inserted into the center of a muffin comes out clean.
- Allow the muffins to cool in the pan for 5 minutes, then transfer them to a wire rack to cool completely. Enjoy!