Once the afternoon rolls around it’s time to start thinking about dinner, but it can be hard to step away when you’re enjoying time with family. That’s where this Lazy Beef Lasagna recipe comes into play. Ground beef, prepared pasta sauce, and some extra spices give it that homemade heartiness while frozen ravioli make it quick to assemble and serve. It only takes 15-20 minutes to bake in the oven but if you want to save even more time, you can make it ahead the day before and store it in the fridge. Whatever the family doesn’t devour can also be saved for leftovers.
For these and more recipes to beef up Father’s Day, visit BeefItsWhatsForDinner.com.
- 1-1/2 pounds Ground Beef (93% lean or leaner)
- 1 tablespoon minced garlic
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 to 1/2 teaspoon ground nutmeg
- 1/4 teaspoon pepper
- 1 jar (26 ounces) prepared pasta or marinara sauce
- 1-1/2 cups water
- 1 package (20 to 25 ounces) refrigerated or frozen cheese ravioli
- 1 cup shredded Italian cheese blend
- Heat oven to 400°F. Heat large nonstick skillet over medium heat until hot. Add Ground Beef and garlic; cook 8 to 10 minutes, breaking into 3/4-inch crumbles and stirring occasionally. Remove from skillet with slotted spoon; pour off drippings and return beef to skillet.
- Stir in salt, nutmeg and pepper; mix well. Stir in pasta sauce and water; bring to a boil. Cook 1 to 2 minutes, stirring occasionally.
- Coat 13 x 9-inch glass baking dish with cooking spray. Layer half the ravioli, half the beef mixture and half the cheese. Repeat with remaining ravioli, beef mixture and cheese; cover with aluminum foil. Bake in 400°F oven 15 minutes (20 minutes if using frozen ravioli). Uncover; continue baking 15 to 20 minutes or until sauce is bubbly and pasta is tender.
- Let stand 5 minutes before serving.
READ MORE: Savory solutions for ‘Slider Sunday’