Treat your grandkids to this creamy yogurt bowl that’s packed with nutrients and also serves as edible art. Add frozen blueberries and bananas, chia seeds, blue spirulina, coconut flakes and honey to taste. It pairs well with just about any fruit including blueberries, blackberries and cherries. For extra holiday flair, add dragon fruit stars.
– 2 cups ice
– 1 1/2 cups frozen banana chunks
– 1 1/2 cups Real California plain Greek-style yogurt
– 1/2 cup frozen blueberries
– 1/2 cup coconut flakes
– 2 tablespoons chia seeds
– 1 tablespoon blue spirulina*, or more as needed (optional)
– Honey or other sweetener to taste1 or 2 dragon fruit, peeled and cut into stars
– Fresh and freeze-dried fruit (raspberries, strawberries, pomegranate) and more coconut flakes, for topping
Prep time: 10 minutes
Special equipment: 1-inch star-shaped cookie cutter, 1 1/2-inch star-shaped cookie cutter
In the jar of a blender, combine ice, bananas, yogurt, blueberries, coconut, chia seeds, and spirulina, if using. Add honey to taste and more spirulina, if necessary, to reach desired color.
Divide mixture between 2 serving bowls. Top with fresh and freeze-dried fruit and more coconut flakes. Garnish with dragon fruit stars and serve.
Shopping note: Blue spirulina is an edible blue-green algae that is used as a supplement and can be found at health food stores and online.
For more indulgent and healthy snacking inspiration, visit realcaliforniamilk.com/recipes.
READ MORE: Add freshness to your summer menu