News from the Monmouth County Parks System
Whether you’re looking to experience the magic of live theater, celebrate our history, or explore the natural world around us, we’ve got you covered. Here’s what is planned:
- Camelot, the Musical at 7 p.m. on Fridays & Saturdays, May 13 & 14 and May 20 & 21 at the Thompson Park Theater Barn, Lincroft. Enjoy live theater with this timeless tale of King Arthur, his kingdom and the Knights of the Round Table. Open to ages 12 & up; under 18 with adult. Tickets are $15 per person; seniors age 55 & up and children age 12-17 are $10 per person. Tickets sold at the door as space permits; cash, check, Visa, MasterCard & Discover accepted.
- Walnford Day from 11 a.m.-5 p.m. on Sunday, May 15 at Historic Walnford, Upper Freehold. Enjoy demonstrations, wagon rides, music and more. Please note that wagon rides and music are from 1-4 p.m. See what’s planned. FREE!
- Spotted Lanternfly Trap Workshop from 5:30-6:30 p.m. on Wednesday, May 18 at the Huber Woods Environmental Center, Middletown. Learn about this invasive insect that feeds on trees and can cause significant damage. We’ll also create wildlife friendly lanternfly traps. Pre-registration and fee required.
- Explore a Shore from 10-11 a.m. on Saturday, May 21 at Bayshore Waterfront Park, Port Monmouth. Explore the park with a Park System Naturalist and learn about what lives in and around the shore. Pre-registration and fee required.
- Inspirational Ladies from 1-5 p.m. on Saturday, May 21 at the Henry Hudson Trail Activity Center, Leonardo. Build a collage celebrating strong women during this art class led by Monique Topp. All supplies provided. Pre-registration and fee required.
Calling all photographers! We’re currently seeking submissions into the spring category of our 2023 Manasquan Reservoir Photography Exhibit. Open to professional and amateur photographers of all ages, the theme is “Treasures of Nature.” Applications and details are available online.
For more information, please visit www.MonmouthCountyParks.com or call 732-842-4000, ext. 4312. The Park System can also be contacted through email at email@example.com.
READ MORE: Have fun in February in the parks