The Monmouth County Park System invites local gardeners to take part in National Seed Swap Day from 10:30 a.m.- 12 p.m. on Saturday, Jan. 29, at the Tatum Park Red Hill Activity Center, Red Hill Road, Middletown.
Here are the details:
- Vegetable, annual, perennial and native seeds are welcome (no invasive species).
- Place your seeds in a sealed envelope or bag, labeled with the plant name, year collected, and where it was bought or collected from.
- Throughout January, deliver seed submissions to Huber Woods Environmental Center, Brown’s Dock Road, Middletown.
- Dropping off prior to Swap Day is strongly recommended but not required.Those dropping off will receive a ticket to bring on Swap Day.
- • A minimum of five (5) seeds is required per item.
- • All seed swappers will take home a native wildflower seed freebie.
For more information about National Seed Swap Day, please call 732-872-2670. For more
information about the Monmouth County Park System, please visit www.MonmouthCountyParks.com or call 732-842-4000. For persons with hearing impairment, the Park System TTY/TDD number is 711.