Decorate confetti cupcakes with coconut grass, plastic eggs, and PEEPS® Brand Marshmallow Bunnies to make this adorably tasty Easter bunny cupcake dessert!
Hands On:30 | Total: 60 | Makes: 24 servings (1 cupcake each)
- 1 pkg (15.25 oz each) Duncan Hines® Classic Yellow Cake Mix
- 1 cup whole milk
- 3 eggs
- 1/2 cup oil or melted butter
- 3 cups sweetened flaked coconut
- 5 to 7 drops green food coloring
- 1 container (16 oz each) Duncan Hines® Creamy Vanilla Frosting
- 24 PEEPS® Marshmallow Bunnies, assorted colors
24 clean plastic Easter eggs
- Preheat oven to 350°F and place liners in 24 muffin cups.
- Beat cake mix, milk, eggs, and oil or butter in a large bowl with an electric mixer on low speed until moistened, about 30 seconds. Beat on medium speed 2 minutes. Divide batter into muffin cups. Bake 16 to 19 minutes, until toothpick inserted in centers comes out clean. Cool completely.
- Meanwhile, dip each PEEPS® Marshmallow Bunny into frosting to stick into the inside of each Easter egg. Reserve.
- Place coconut and food coloring in a large bowl and stir until coconut is thoroughly coated and evenly green. Add additional food coloring if necessary to reach desired color. Set aside.
- Frost cooled cupcakes evenly with frosting. Using your fingers, build green coconut up around edges of each cupcake top to create a ring and nestle an Easter egg with a PEEPS® Marshmallow Bunny into the center of each. Use any leftover coconut grass to decorate around Easter bunny cupcakes on serving tray.
24 servings (1 cupcake each) Calories 286; Total Fat 15 g(Saturated Fat 5 g); Cholesterol 25 mg; Sodium 213 mg; Carbohydrate 38 g; (Dietary Fiber 1 g, Sugars 29 g); Protein 2 g; Percent Daily Values*: Vitamin A 1%; Vitamin C 0%; Calcium 4%; Iron 2%
Looking for more activities? Try this messy but fun Carrot Slime craft that the grandkids are sure to love.