Enjoy layers of delicious shortcake and juicy berries in a jar with these berry shortcake cups. Made easy by using Duncan Hines® Classic Yellow Cake and made perfect for Easter with PEEPS® Brand Sparkly Wild Berry Flavored Marshmallow Bunnies!
Hands On: 45 | Total: 70 | Makes: 12 Servings (1 jar each)
- PAM® Baking Spray
- 1 pkg (15.25 oz each) Duncan Hines® Classic Yellow Cake Mix
- 1 pkg (3.4 oz each) vanilla instant pudding mix
- 1 cup whole milk
- 4 eggs
- 1/2 cup butter, melted
- 1 pound fresh strawberries, hulled and sliced
- 6 ounces fresh raspberries, halved
- 2 tablespoons granulated sugar
- 1 teaspoon lemon juice
- 12 half-pint jars
- Reddi-wip® Whipped Topping
- 12 PEEPS® Sparkly Wild Berry Flavored Marshmallow Bunnies
sanding sugar, for decorating, optional
- Preheat oven to 350°F. Spray a 13×18-inch baking sheet with PAM® Baking Spray and line bottom with parchment paper.
- Beat cake mix, pudding mix, milk, eggs and butter in large bowl with an electric mixer on low speed until blended, about 30 seconds. Beat on medium speed 2 minutes. Pour into prepared baking sheet and spread evenly.
- Bake 18 to 22 minutes, until toothpick inserted in center comes out clean. Cool completely on a wire rack.
- Meanwhile, place berries in a medium bowl with sugar and lemon juice. Stir until sugar is dissolved and refrigerate 30 minutes, stirring at least once.
- Cut cooled cake into 1-inch pieces. Divide half the cake pieces into twelve half-pint jars, pressing down gently. Divide mixed berries into jars and top with remaining cake pieces.
- Just before serving, top each berry shortcake cup with Reddi-wip® and a PEEPS® Sparkly Wild Berry Flavored Marshmallow Bunny. Enjoy!
Looking for another fun recipe? Try making Poppy Chow!