Take advantage of multiple opportunities to dispose of your old documents safely.
Monmouth County has scheduled 16 paper shredding events throughout the County so that residents have the opportunity to dispose of old documents and confidential files safely.
“The County is proud to provide our residents with multiple opportunities to eliminate unnecessary paperwork and documents through the Monmouth County Reclamation Center and our local partners. This free event not only helps residents declutter their homes, but also can protect their personal information from identity theft,” said Commissioner Director Thomas A. Arnone, liaison to the Monmouth County Department of Public Works and Engineering. “The types of personal documents that should be shredded include bank statements, medical records, legal documents, utility bills, and anything with a signature. On behalf of the Monmouth County Board of County Commissioners, I would like to thank our partners for assisting us in offering this important service to our residents.”
All shredding events will be held from 9 a.m. to 1 p.m. at the following locations:
- Saturday, March 26 – Hazlet Department of Public Works, 39 Leocadia Ct.
- Saturday, April 9 – Manasquan, 4th Ave. Parking Lot, Corner of Main St. & 4th
- Saturday, April 30 – Avon, 301 Main St., rear of building
- Saturday, May 21 – Eatontown Municipal Lot off Throckmorton Ave.
- Saturday, June 4 – Upper Freehold Municipal Building, 314 Rt. 539 Cream Ridge
- Saturday, June 18 – Howell, Memorial/Adelphia School, 485 Adelphia Rd.
- Saturday, July 9 – Matawan-Aberdeen Train Station, Parking Lot 1
- Saturday, Aug. 6 – Freehold Borough, Park Ave. School, 280 Park Ave.
- Saturday, Aug. 20 – Aberdeen Municipal Building, 1 Aberdeen Sq.
- Saturday, Sept. 10 – Union Beach Recycling Center, 1400 Florence Ave.
- Saturday, Sept. 24 – Marlboro Municipal Complex, 1979 Township Dr.
- Saturday, Oct. 1 – Colts Neck, Town Hall Parking Lot, 124 Cedar Dr.
- Saturday, Oct. 8 – Freehold Township Municipal Building, 1 Municipal Plaza
- Saturday, Oct. 22 – Sea Bright, Borough Hall Parking Lot, 1099 Ocean Ave.
- Saturday, Nov. 5 – Allenhurst Beach Club, End of Corlies Ave. near Ocean Ave.
- Saturday, Nov. 12 – Middletown High School North, 63 Tindall Dr.
County residents may shred up to 100 pounds, which is equivalent to four office paper boxes or four large sized trash bags. All papers will be shredded on location in the mobile truck and the event will end once the mobile truck is full or its scheduled end time. Large binder clips must be removed from documents; staples and paper clips can remain.
This program is hosted by the Monmouth County Board of County Commissioners and the participating municipalities: Aberdeen, Allenhurst, Avon, Colts Neck, Eatontown, Freehold Borough, Freehold Township, Hazlet, Howell, Manasquan, Marlboro, Matawan, Middletown, Sea Bright, Union Beach and Upper Freehold.
Information about the paper shredding events and recycling can be found on the recycling section of the County’s website, www.visitmonmouth.com, or call 732-683-8686, ext. 8967.