The global leader in pineapples since 1901, Dole Food Company is introducing a new juicier and more aromatic and golden pineapple in response to consumer demand for a sweeter pineapple-eating experience.
The fresh produce leader’s new DOLE® Golden Selection® Pineapple arrives at select supermarkets in the US and Canada in mid-April. Sustainably grown exclusively in Costa Rica, the new fruit has been expertly cultivated to taste sweeter, shine brighter and offer a more vibrant tropical flavor that balances the pineapple’s customary sweet and tart sensations while elevating the indulgent taste experience.
Melanie Marcus, MA, RD, Dole’s nutrition and health communications manager, has identified a number of dishes from Dole’s vast online recipe library that best showcase the enhanced sweetness of the DOLE® Golden Selection® Pineapple including Pineapple Carpaccio, Dole Mango Pineapple Salad, Cool Summer Gazpacho Salad, Ginger-Chili Ahi Tuna Poke Skewers and Magic Carpet Lemon Curd Cups, created in honor of Princess Jasmine for Disney’s Ultimate Princess Celebration.
For more information, visit the new DOLE® Golden Selection® Pineapple web page.
To access other Dole recipes, plus fresh products, healthy-living tips and inspiration, go to www.dole.com.
Here is Dole’s recipe for Ginger-Chili Ahi Tuna Poke Skewers.
- 1¼ pounds sushi-grade ahi tuna, cut into 16 cubes
- 1 small English cucumber, cut into 16 slices
- ½ medium DOLE® Tropical Gold® Pineapple, skin and core removed, cut into 16 chunks
- 1 large avocado, peeled, pitted and cut into 16 pieces
- 16 (4-inch) bamboo skewers
- 2 tablespoons sesame oil
- 1 tablespoon rice vinegar
- 2 teaspoons sambal oelek or Asian ground chili paste
- ½ teaspoon honey
- ½ teaspoon grated fresh ginger
- 4 DOLE® Green Onions, thinly sliced
- Black and white sesame seeds for garnish (optional)
- Thread 1 piece tuna, cucumber, pineapple, and avocado onto each skewer; place in shallow baking dish.
- Whisk oil, soy sauce, vinegar, sambal oelek, honey, and ginger in a small bowl; drizzle over tuna skewers. Cover and refrigerate 30 minutes, turning once.
- Serve skewers sprinkled with onions garnished with sesame seeds, if desired.
READ MORE: Getting the grill ready? Here’s a great steak recipe