This season, the Flavor Maker App by McCormick® is hosting a competition in which users can submit their family favorite holiday recipes for a chance to win $50,000. Until December 31st, 2021, home cooks across the United States can enter the contest by downloading the Flavor Maker App and uploading the name and description of their favorite holiday dish.
“The holidays bring people together around food – those recipes that get requested again and again. So, there’s no better time to honor home cooks and provide inspiration during the holidays than this season. Hosted entirely on our Flavor Maker App, we can’t wait to see what beloved dishes are shared,” said Alia Kemet, Vice President of Creative & Digital Marketing for McCormick.
Every swipe and tap on the Flavor Maker App leads users to ultimate kitchen inspiration. The app is a platform for discovering new dishes, exploring step-by-step recipe instructions, and unleashing cooking creativity. Users can scan and digitize pantry items in the app to instantly access thousands of curated, easy-to-follow recipes based on available ingredients. The Flavor Maker App also features meal planning tools, ready-made shopping lists, how-to videos, and endless tips and hacks for cooking and baking.
The Flavor Maker App by McCormick is free to download on any iOS and Android device. To download, go to your iOS or Android app store and search “Flavor Maker App,” or visit the following link for detailed instructions: https://www.mccormick.com/myholidayrecipe. Follow #FlavorMakerApp and @McCormickSpice for more kitchen inspiration and holiday cooking ideas.
NO PURCHASE NECESSARY. Void where prohibited and outside US. Must be US resident age 18+ (19+ in AL and NE; 21+ in MS). Starts 12/15/21 at 12:00am ET, ends 12/31/21 at 11:59pm ET. One (1) Winner will receive a prize of a check for fifty thousand United States Dollars ($50,000 USD) (“Prize”). For official rules and complete details, visit www.mccormick.com/myholidayrecipe
And while there, check out their recipe for a delicious spin on gingerbread cookies that you and the grandkids are sure to love!
WHITE CHOCOLATE KISSED GINGERBREAD COOKIES
INGREDIENTS 30 (2-Cookie) Servings
- 3 cups flour
- 2 teaspoons McCormick® Ground Ginger
- 1 teaspoon McCormick® Ground Cinnamon
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- 1/4 teaspoon McCormick® Ground Nutmeg
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 3/4 cup (1 1/2 sticks) butter, softened
- 3/4 cup firmly packed brown sugar
- 1/2 cup molasses
- 1 egg
- 1 teaspoon McCormick® All Natural Pure Vanilla Extract
- 1/4 cup granulated sugar
- 60 white and milk chocolate swirled kiss-shaped candies
- Mix flour, ginger, cinnamon, baking soda, nutmeg and salt in large bowl. Set aside. Beat butter and brown sugar in large bowl with electric mixer on medium speed until light and fluffy. Add molasses, egg and vanilla; mix well. Gradually beat in flour mixture on low speed until well mixed. Press dough into a thick flat disk. Wrap in plastic wrap. Refrigerate 4 hours or overnight.
- Preheat oven to 350°F. Shape dough into 1-inch balls. Roll in granulated sugar to coat. Place 2 inches apart on ungreased baking sheets.
- Bake 8 to 10 minutes or until edges of cookies just begin to brown. Immediately press a white chocolate candy into center of each cookie. Remove to wire racks; cool completely. Store cookies in airtight container up to 5 days.
READ MORE: A twist on traditional burgers