Lose yourself in the pages of a storybook this Christmas with a visit to the Historic Village at Allaire! Christmas at Allaire is set for Sunday, Dec.19th from noon to 4 p.m. See the Village transformed into an enchanting showcase of holiday cheer pulled straight from the pages of beloved American authors like Clement Clarke Moore’s (1822) “The Night Before Christmas” and Charles Dickens’ (1843) “A Christmas Carol.”
Enjoy the warm glow of open hearths and candle-lit windows as you wander through the Village from the Chapel to Allaire House, amidst the joyful sound of live caroling and the whimsical tunes of the harp and the dulcimer.
Sights, sounds, and activities designed to enchant both young and old for Christmas. Be sure to bring your cameras and your holiday cheer along as you forge a new family holiday tradition in the form of a Christmas visit to the Historic Village at Allaire.
Tickets can be purchased in advance for just $8 per person (children 2 and under admitted for free) or at the door (if available) for $10. Advanced purchase at eventbrite.com is highly recommended. Tickets are non-refundable and non-transferrable.
During your visit to the Village be sure to:
- Visit the historic buildings from 12 to 4 pm to watch talented craftspeople forge, smith, cook, and carve a multitude of holiday wonders into existence.
- Participate in an array of Victorian holiday celebrations, fun for all ages, from ornament making to traditional party games.
- Search for the subjects of the verses featured in the beloved holiday poem, “The Twelve Days of Christmas.” A special “Allaire Candy Cane Reindeer” craft ornament awaits those whose eagle eyes find all!
- Drop by the General Store to appraise an array of gifts, crafts, and seasonal goods to prepare your own holiday.
- Enjoy a visit with a vintage model train and village–including an authentic replica of NJ’s iconic “Blue Comet” train.
- Drop your holiday cards off at the Allaire Post Office to have a hand-canceled limited edition holiday postmark affixed.
- Enjoy a piping hot drink prepared in the Village Bakery or stop by the Pilsen Gourmet Food Truck for a delicious meal.
- Music program in the Chapel for everyone to join in the Christmas fun!
- All of the historic buildings and the historic district will be decked in bows and ribbons and trimmed in festive greenery both inside and out.
- A surprise visit by Santa Claus, roaming carolers, and storytelling amidst holiday greens in the Enameling Building.
- See the historic sleds and wagons bedecked in greenery and prepared for their journey over the river and through the woods.
- Watch the Night Before Christmas unfold by candlelight at the Manager’s House while the Allaire family prepare their home to host a joyous Christmas that pays tribute to their French heritage.
READ MORE: Sparking and safe: Drive-thru light displays for the holiday season