(StatePoint) McCormick, a global leader in flavor, is sharing its recipe for Taco Casserole, which can be prepared in just 30 minutes with seven simple ingredients. A great way to switch up your taco night, this family-pleasing dish, which has the potential to become a mainstay in your recipe repertoire, incorporates McCormick Original Taco Seasoning Mix. Adding a vibrant, Southwest kick to any dish, use this classic seasoning mix to spice up soups, chilis, casseroles, fajitas, dips, nachos and of course, tacos.
Ingredients: (makes 6 servings)
- 1 1/2 pounds ground beef or ground turkey
- 1 package McCormick Original Taco Seasoning Mix
- 1 can (16 ounces) pinto beans, drained and rinsed
- 1 can (15 ounces) tomato sauce
- 1 can (11 ounces) whole kernel corn or Mexican-style corn, drained
- 1 cup shredded cheddar cheese
- 1 cup coarsely crushed tortilla chips
- Preheat oven to 400 degrees F. Brown meat in large skillet on medium-high heat. Drain fat.
- Stir in seasoning mix, beans, tomato sauce and corn. Bring to boil. Reduce heat to low; simmer 5 minutes. Spoon into 2-quart baking dish. Sprinkle with cheese and tortilla chips.
- Bake 5 to 10 minutes or until cheese is melted. Serve with assorted toppings, such as sour cream, cilantro and avocado, if desired.
- To shop spices and seasoning mixes, and for additional recipes and weeknight inspiration, visit mccormick.com/recipes.
- Don’t let the hectic back-to-school season overwhelm you. With simple ingredients, you can put together tasty dinners that will win over family members of all ages.