LINCROFT — Celebrate local artists by heading over to the Monmouth County Park System’s annual Creative Arts Festival. Held from 10 a.m. to 4 p.m. on Saturday, May 13 at Thompson Park, 805 Newman Springs Road, Lincroft, this juried arts festival features specially selected artists’ works of pottery, jewelry, paintings and other mediums. With more than 45 artists displaying their works, booths will be located both inside the barns and outdoors under tents. In addition to the artwork, festival goers can enjoy live music. The performance schedule is as follows:
- The Band of the Two Rivers from 10-11 a.m.
- Sawmill Run Old Time String Band from 11:30 a.m.-12:15 p.m.
- Zydeco Revelators from 12:30-2 p.m.
- Chuck Lambert from 2:30-4 p.m.
- Joe Frame at 10 a.m.
- Alan Gowa at 12:30 p.m.
- Gary Nokes at 2:30 p.m.
- Musicians on a Mission from 10:30 a.m.-3:30 p.m.
- The Gallery is also hosting the Thompson Park Creative Arts Center’s current Dreamscapes Exhibit. Inspired by dreamlike imagery, surreal landscapes and fantastical narratives, the exhibit features a range of medium. This family-friendly event also includes art demonstrations and activities. The schedule is as follows:
- Sculptor Konstantin Zingerman from 11 a.m.– 2 p.m.
- Silk Painting by Karin Trunz from 12-2 p.m.
- Traditional Rug Hooking with ATHA from 2-4 p.m.
- The Deep Cut Bonsai Society and Glitter and Grace Belly Dancing will also give demonstrations.
Children are invited to get into the spirit of the festival by contributing to the community mural and making crafts. The event will also feature two food trucks. For full event schedule and artist listing, visit www.MonmouthCountyParks.com. Admission and parking for the festival are free. For more information about the Creative Arts Festival or the Monmouth County Park System, please visit www.MonmouthCountyParks.com or call 732-842-4000. For persons with hearing impairment, the Park System TTY/TDD number is 711