These one-pot mashed potatoes are slow-simmered in stock and bay leaves, then whipped to perfection with butter, milk and garlic. Pop on the lid and take to your Easter gathering or a neighborhood potluck.
INGREDIENTS 16 Servings
- 5 pounds Yukon gold potatoes, peeled and cut into cubes
- 1 cup Kitchen Basics® Original Chicken Stock
- 2 McCormick® Bay Leaves
- 1/2 cup (1 stick) butter, cut into chunks
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 3/4 teaspoon McCormick® Pure Ground Black Pepper
- 1/2 teaspoon McCormick® Garlic Powder
- 1/2 to 1 cup milk
- 1 teaspoon McCormick® Parsley Flakes
- Spray inside of 6-quart slow cooker with no stick cooking spray. Add potatoes, stock and bay leaves. Cover.
Cook 4 hours on HIGH or until potatoes are tender, stirring after each hour. Remove bay leaves. Stir in butter, salt, pepper and garlic powder. Cover. Let stand 5 minutes.
Beat potatoes with electric mixer on medium-high speed or mash with potato masher, gradually adding milk, until smooth. Stir in parsley. Top with additional butter, if desired.
Serve with McCormick Brown Gravy or Perfect Brown Gravy
- To prepare in Instant Pot®, increase stock to 2 cups. Pour stock into pot. Add bay leaves and potatoes. Close lid. Set Valve to Seal. Select PRESSURE COOK (MANUAL); cook 10 minutes on HIGH PRESSURE. When done, quick-release the pressure. (Check manufacturer’s manual for safe operating directions.) Drain potatoes well, discarding bay leaves. Transfer potatoes to large bowl. Add butter, salt, pepper, garlic and milk. Beat with electric mixer on medium-high speed or mash with potato masher until smooth. Stir in parsley to serve.
Looking for more comfort food recipes? Try this recipe for a healthy homemade soup.
READ MORE: Best brunch recipes: 7 Layer Salad