Whether you’re looking to soothe your soul with a dose of nature, spend an evening stargazing, or whip up a culinary delight, the Monmouth County Parks System has got you covered.
Here’s what is planned:
- Cookstove Demonstration from 11 a.m.-3 p.m. on Saturday, October 30 at Historic Longstreet Farm, Holmdel. See what’s cooking on the woodstove and discover how recipes, cooking techniques and kitchens have changed since the 1890s. FREE!
- Gentle Walks for Gentle Souls from 10-11:15 a.m. on Tuesday, November 2 at Big Brook Park, Marlboro. Wander along wide paths during this Park System Naturalist-led walk. Please wear sturdy shoes. Pre-registration and fee required.
- Under the Autumn Sky from 6:30-7:30 p.m. on Thursday, November 4 at the Sunnyside Equestrian Center, Lincroft. Ponder the night sky as we look for key constellations, planets, and other bright beacons. Take home a star map. Open to ages 8 and up; under 18 with adult. Pre-registration and fee required.
- Digestion Connection from 6-7:30 p.m. on Monday, November 15 at the Thompson Park Visitor Center, Lincroft. Discover how and why digestive health is essential for overall well-being during this class presented by Lisa Vento, CHHC CYT. Pre-registration and fee required.
- How To: Pasta and Dessert from 6-9:30 p.m. on Tuesday, November 30 at the Dorbrook Recreation Area Visitor Center, Colts Neck. Make a dessert and its accompanying entree during this class led by Chef Peter De Celie. Pre-registration and fee required.
For more information, please visit www.MonmouthCountyParks.com or call 732-842-4000, ext. 4312. The Park System can also be contacted through email at firstname.lastname@example.org.
READ MORE: Call for entries for Monmouth County Park System’s ‘Into the Woods’ exhibit